I’m so happy to share my song ONE EARTH with you today!
I wrote this song for the Saudi Team who is participating at the Global Goals World Cup on May 14. There are 24 countries involved, each with a specific cause to help the environment and each with either a song or dance they will present. Saudi is focusing on using less plastic bags, specifically in supermarkets, and I’m blessed and excited to have One Earth be the tune the Saudi team will present as their song.
I’ve always known that music can be used as a powerful tool to make a positive difference in the world, and to have my voice be a part of that is such a dream come true for me.
This is the first time an all female team from Saudi will be competing at an international level, and that makes me proud beyond words can describe. Follow them on instagram here, and send them your encouraging messages!
Today One Earth is being released exclusively through Anghami.
And on May 17, it will be live on All Platforms.
Since we are on the topic of the environment, it’s important for each of us to make little changes in our everyday lives, that are going to lead to big changes for the world.
Here are 5 Steps We Can take Together to help Our Earth:
1) Use a glass water dispenser at home instead of plastic bottles. I know this might seem hard for those of you who are so used to plastic bottles, but there are usually glass dispensers sold at supermarkets, or online such as https://www.mountainvalleyspring.com/
2) Eliminate the use of plastic straws. Many companies have now switched to paper straws, but it’s better to just get used to not using straws anymore. It’s a small change, that will make a huge difference, especially to the animals who die everyday from plastic straws. If you are a straw addict, here are some paper straws you can order: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6P6AGK/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_0ek1Cb7Z36TY7
3) Keep your supermarket bags in the car to re-use for your next trip to the grocery store.
4) Use light bulbs that are better for the environment such as LED lights: LED lights are up to 80% more efficient than traditional lighting such as fluorescent and incandescent lights. 95% of the energy in LEDs is converted into light and only 5% is wasted as heat. Less energy use reduces the demand from power plants and decreases greenhouse gas emissions.
5) Be more Present and Aware: simply being more present about turning off the lights in your home before leaving, and unplugging your computer or phone charger from the power socket can make a huge difference.
Let’s help each other help the earth! Spread this list to your family, friends, and colleagues, and let’s be better people for our world.